A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Prayers for Lent, Day Five: Give Up, Take On, Pray

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”   Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

              Pierre Teilhard de Chardin was an extraordinary human being.  A Jesuit priest born in France and who later lived in New York, he also trained as a paleontologist and geologist and was involved with some spectacular discoveries. Yet, as with others who were ahead of their times, some of his writings were considered contrary to doctrinal teachings in the Catholic church and banned by the Vatican from publication in his lifetime.  Today he is widely praised, including by Catholic hierarchy.  Simply put, one of his beliefs - as with St. Paul - was that our everyday work in secular surroundings is every bit as important in our spiritual development as our religious activity when we offer that work to the service of God. And, furthermore, all that we do in everyday life is a necessary part of Creation. Are you ready to experience some spiritual growth in your human life?

        Creator God, I'm slowly recognizing that I am truly part of Your Holy Creation. I have had the thought that I had to give days off to a soup kitchen, spend every possible moment in Church, and be hours on my knees in prayer daily to truly be doing Your work. Today, I will give up feeling spiritually inadequate and take on my everyday activities with a new spirit of dedication - each morning when I wake, I will offer all that I do to Your service. I will pray for continuing confidence in my growing relationship with You, through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as my Guides. Thank You, Lord, for this season of Lent, a purposeful time as a spiritual being to explore my human experience.  amen. 



Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. Requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment