A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ascending Prayers: The Real Transformers





What the caterpillar calls
the end, 
the rest of the world calls 
a butterfly.
― Lao Tzu*





Holy God of Heaven and Earth,
       I'm so oblivious to the everyday ways of my small privileged part of the world that I blitz past the most remarkable occurrences of Your Creation. How can I fail to see the magical, the amazing, the dazzling displays our earthly life has to offer? And in so doing, I also fail to get Your message. 
       I guess I'm so caught up in paying the bills, grouching about some political ***, um, person, or yelling at the guy in the car ahead of me that I simply ignore the transformations all around me.  Ah, and that is the word isn't it - transformation
       Help me to connect the dots, Lord, from the transformations of nature to the transformation of my soul. The night into day, the winter into spring, the tadpole into frog, my everyday life into eternal life. In the darkest of nights, in the saddest of times, the end of what was is always another beginning. A dying to the old becomes a new birthing of promise and potential. Remind me again, tomorrow, please, I promise to stop, see, and be transformed.  amen.


*Lao Tzu, a legendary, and perhaps mythical, philosopher and poet of ancient China, is the reputed author of the Tao Te Ching (dow day jing), a classic Chinese text of philosophy, some time in the 4th, 5th, or 6th century BCE.  He may have been a contemporary of Confucius, and he is also considered to be the founder of Taoism (dow-ism).  Taoism is a philosophical, ethical religious tradition in China that emphasizes living in harmony with the Tao, which is at once the source and the driving force of everything that exists. 






Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. Requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment