A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Ascending Prayers: Sea-ing with New Sight


The sea is not less beautiful in our eyes because we know that sometimes ships are wrecked by it.

 Simone Weil*  [1909-1943]






God of Living Water and Breathing Earth ~
         When the devastating and tragic hit in a nanosecond, stealing my breath and holding it hostage, and the noise in my head feels as if giant fingernails are scratching an unimaginably huge blackboard, and I can't walk straight for feeling swamped - You are the only One who understands me then.
       And through You, my breath slowly returns, my head clears and quiets, the essence of beauty is re-discovered. With the marks of despair healing, then growth, balance and a measure of contentment again seep into consciousness.  Through You, I find my life, my heart, and my strength. I never outgrow my need for You. Life goes on and I with it because You are with me. Help me to remember You in the days of wonder, deep breathing, and, when sailing through life in rough seas and calm. amen.


*Simone Weil, a French philosopher, political activist, and Christian mystic, was known for her extraordinary compassion for those suffering from the ravages of WWI. She often sacrificed her own food for the sake of others perhaps hastening disease and an early death. She was loved by many and others found her irritating and her extensive writing found little attention until the 1950s and 60s. Over time that too waned yet her influence on scholars continues with well over 2,500 academic works were published about her philosophy from 1995-2012.


Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email.  Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment