A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Prayers after Pentecost: Passing the Test



Here's a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:  
if you're alive, it isn't.   
~ Richard Bach* [1937- ]






Lord of Now, Lord of Forever,
       I'm alive. Now what? 
       Some days it's hard work just to be alive. Other days go by so fast I hardly realize it. And then, someone you care about is suddenly gone and life takes on new meaning, again. And just as suddenly it hits me that his mission is finished whether he was ready for it to be or we who cared about him were, it just is. It's a recent theme of mine, asking You for help with the meaning of living, and now, for help in finding my mission. I thought I knew what it was - doing good deeds, taking care of others, giving money, donating time.
      But here is yet another moment to re-evaluate and re-discover how I can live as if You were with me every moment. Maybe if I worry less about doing stuff and learning more about just being, especially with You, my mission will become clearer. Of course I'll keep doing but I'm seeing again that if I spend more of life working to love You with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, and my neighbors as myself ~ as You instructed ~ that mission thing will take care of itself. Thanks for listening, again.  amen.


*Richard Bach is an author best known for classic 1970s bestsellers Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions, and The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. His books carry a philosophical theme that our physical limits and mortality are merely appearance.  A love of flying nearly cut his mission short in 2012 as his small plane landed upside down in a field and he was badly injured.



Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment