A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Prayers in Pentecost: Paving that path



You are what you do, 
not what you say you'll do.

                            ― C.G. Jung* [1875-1961]




Dear Spirit of All Good Intention ~
          I am often guilty of following the path of least resistance, also known as the prettier and easier way to procrastinate. Equally as often, I make elaborate plans to do so many good things but then allow myself to be distracted. I jump into being overly busy at superficial pursuits or worse, slacking off altogether. As Paul says in Romans 7:19: For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Well, I'm not out there doing so much evil, I mean, I don't think I'm doing bad things so much as I'm not just doing as many good things as I could. Or, maybe, it's just that my intention is off track. I often race through a day, a week, a month thoughtlessly, without really processing WHY I'm doing things, be they good, not-so-good or just neutral.  
          Please stoke the desire within me to start and end each day with prayer. Help me to walk through each part of the day with You as my reason for being, with You as my reason for doing, with You who inspires all Good Intention. Um, do You mind if I take the walk along that pretty path while I pray?  I'll try and stay intentionally focused...amen.

*Carl Gustav Jung was a Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist and is known as the founder of analytical psychology. He developed the concept of archetypes, extroversion and introversion, and the collective unconscious. His deep and collegial friendship with Sigmund Freud lasted about 6 years until a serious disagreement broke the relationship. Jung believed, in part, that spiritual development, a journey of transformation was essential for human well-being. His study of many religions gave rise to his thought that in what he called individuation, a journey to meet the self also leads to meeting the Divine.

Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment