A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meditation Moments: Decisions on the 8s

If the world were merely seductive, 
that would be easy. 

If it were merely challenging, 
that would be no problem. 

But I arise in the morning
torn between 
a desire to improve the world and 
a desire to enjoy the world. 

This makes it hard to plan the day.
                               ― E.B. White* [1899-1985]




SO:
Volunteer at the Shelter - or - beach day?
Art exhibit - or -  go meet with legislators?
Join Peace Corps - or - theater subscription?

         Well, things aren't quite that cut and dried, are they?  Surely, Creator of Humans and Nature, there is room for all things under the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. And I do recognize how fortunate I am in even having such choices in my life. The difficulty is that I really do want to make the world a better place but, to be honest, I'm not a willing candidate for martyrdom - should I feel guilty? I do participate with time, energy, and a bit of money in causes that are important to me and I do find time to enjoy the fruits of Your Creation - family, friends, and even solitude. 
         Guide me as I search for the insight to do as I am able where I am needed most, and, the ability to discover the balance between giving of myself and giving to myself. I'll work on beginning and ending each day in prayer - and a bit in the middle as well - and then, maybe, the timing of when to do what will be revealed, without having to shake the Magic 8 Ball for answers.  amen.


*E.B. White, was an American writer for the New Yorker magazine and co-author of The Elements of Style, also known as Strunk and White. He is most famous for a series of children's books and in particular, Charlotte's Web.





Please feel free to request a prayer or meditation to be composed for a particular person, concern, or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment