A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Meditation Moments: I See It!



When one door closes, another opens: but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.         ~Alexander Graham Bell* [1847-1922]

Well, admittedly over the years there have been quite a few closed doors that I have gazed at longingly, regretfully, sadly, even wantonly, and one or two I still peek back at over my shoulder. But I do work at keeping my feet moving forward and eventually my heart and head catch up. At the moment, I see a door that has opened and beckons me. The sign on it reads clearly:
V A C A T I O N
and I am heading straight for it!  No major travel plans this year, mostly a few day trips here and there, a little catching up with some this and that which may inspire some future writing, but the highlight is having a whole week with my (aged 9 1/2) Favorite Oldest Granddaughter all to myself and we will have some memorable adventures!   
 
SO, Dear Reader, I'm taking a little time off from just the everyday posting. The Prayers of the People will still arrive weekly and I expect to be back more regularly by mid-September, if not sooner. In the meantime, scroll back through and check out some posts you may have missed.  And please let me know if you have any suggestions for future Meditation Moments. And who knows, I may interrupt myself if I feel so inspired. 
 
BIG THANKS to all of you who have commented, emailed, requested prayers, and shared what I've written!  Stay tuned, and until then, this link's for you:  See You in September



*Alexander Graham Bell - as if you didn't know - is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. But maybe you weren't aware that he was a Scotland born inventor, engineer, and innovator, and both of his parents were profoundly deaf spurring  his scientific interest in hearing devices and elocution. He developed many other inventions in the fields of optical telecommunications, hydrofoils, and aeronautics, among others.  He later regarded the telephone as an intrusion in his scientific work and refused to have one in his study.  Bell was a founding member of the National Geographic Society in 1888.  


Please feel free to request a prayer or meditation to be composed for a particular person, concern, or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment