A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ascending Prayers: Made my mind UP!


Prayer is the raising of the mind to God.


We must always remember this.

The actual words matter less. 

― Pope St. John XXIII*  [1881-1963]



So, God,
        I'm very glad that the words aren't critical. Some days I don't have any words that make sense together. Some days I know what I want to say but feel that I shouldn't. Other days I have so many words they compete with one another. Even though some who know me would say I often talk too much, I find that, more often, I feel closest to You in prayer when I use no words at all; when I just raise my mind to You. Oh, wait! I get it now - that's the ultimate moment, when my mind's made up!  amen.



*Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli was born 4th out of 14 children to a sharecropper family in Lombardy in 1881. He became a Cardinal and Patriarch in Venice in 1953 and in 1958, at the age of 77, he was elected Pope on the 11th ballot.  He surprised the Church and the world by convening the historic Second Vatican Council which met from 1962-1965. A staunch supporter and encourager of equality and ecumenism, Pope John XXIII died June 3, 1963, before the Council was completed. He was canonized Saint, by the Roman Catholic Church, less than two months ago on April 27, 2014. 



Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but they may be used with attribution provided they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to the appearance on the blog, send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment