A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Meditation Moments: This, That, AND The Other

You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope. 
Mystic/Trappist Monk/Author Thomas Merton
[1915-1968]

          Easy for you to say, Thomas, but difficult to do in the midst of life events. I know that all I have is now, but when now is fraught with worry and wonder about how much more or what's next... Yet, because of your words, I know that I can rest a bit, be calm-ish, and just do what needs to be done in this moment. The next moment will be revealed, and the one beyond that, and so will what needs doing.

          So here is my prayer for now:

Dear God of Present Moments, 
        Will this be a good news day, a bad news day, or just a nothing-in-particular news day? I guess it really doesn't matter, does it - whatever happens, happens, and so I ask only for the courage, faith, and hope to attend to the challenges, be open to the possibilities, and be thoroughly present to You in each moment, and to others when I'm needed, even if only through my prayers. With a deep calming breath and the spiritual sustenance of Your grace, I will walk through This, That, AND the Other - I might sometimes be afraid, but I'll know I'm never alone. amen.







Please feel free to request a prayer or meditation to be composed for a particular person, concern, or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment