A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Meditation Moment in Pentecost ~ A Beckoning '23


When one door closes, another opens:
 but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door 
that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

~ Alexander Graham Bell* 


    Well, admittedly over the years there have been quite a few closed doors that I have gazed at longingly, regretfully, sadly, even wantonly, and one or two I still peek back at over my shoulder. But I do work at keeping my feet moving forward and my heart and head working to catch up. At the moment, I see a door that has opened and beckons me. The sign on it reads clearly: A M I L Y and I am heading straight for it!  Favorite Oldest Granddaughter is graduating from High School a week from today! How did that happen? And the BIG party for her will be the following weekend as other family and friends gather from near and far. And just after that a whole "just us" week here with my Favorite Youngest Granddaughter. We will have some memorable adventures! And, later this summer a family reunion with cousins at the beach [at which, some never fail to remind me, I am the oldest yet grant me no matriarchal power! lol]. In between there are other family and non-family events and meetings and general stuff such as my weekly live Evening Prayer and Compline on Facebook, feeding the birds, and the mundane parts of life.

    SO, Dear Reader, I'm taking time off from the everyday posting. The Prayers of the People will still arrive weekly and I will post other Meditations occasionally. In the meantime, scroll back through and check out some posts you may have missed.  And please let me know if you have any suggestions for future Meditation Moments, and I will interrupt myself if I feel so inspired and post here. Thank you for walking with me, especially from this past Ash Wednesday, but always.
 
   Dear Lord of Life, I send my prayers of thanksgiving for each of Your people who have commented, shared, or just read my daily or weekly offerings. May they continue to be inspired by sunrises and sunsets, the laughter of children, a bunny running through the grass, or any moment that brings a smile in Your Creation, and especially, the knowing of Your Presence within us all. amen.



*Alexander Graham Bell [1847-1922] - as if you didn't know - is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. But maybe you weren't aware that he was a Scotland born inventor, engineer, and innovator, and both of his parents were profoundly deaf spurring his scientific interest in hearing devices and elocution. He developed many other inventions in the fields of optical telecommunications, hydrofoils, and aeronautics, among others.  He later regarded the telephone as an intrusion in his scientific work and refused to have one in his study.  Bell was a founding member of the National Geographic Society in 1888.  




All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution and edited for local use as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. For more information or comments, contact: Leeosophy@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment