A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Prayer to just "be"

       
                    In the misty gloom of the woods today, I suddenly discovered a moment to just be.  I was able to breathe in the all-too-rare silence and experience the peace of the real world that is Creation. I spend too much time inhaling and absorbing the noise of the artificial world, the world that doesn't contain You, the world that chips away at my soul. YES, there are exponential multiples of grief and need in that other world, the one that I live in ~ war, poverty, brutality, hunger, anger, and so   many   -isms.  I get lost in trying to sort out where I'm called first.  And yet, there are as many moments of love and beauty ~ grandchildren, family, friends, music, art, nature, and, even memories.  Today, I remembered You and took a moment to just be in the real world where there is always You.  I must come back more often for quiet, peace, solace, joy, and soul-fueling for the other place.  Maybe I can even learn to bring more of You with me.   amen. 









Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space.
You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com 
 All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution
as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. Requestors will remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment