A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Meditation Moments: Auto-matic Christian






Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.   
                ― Garrison Keillor*  [1942- ]



          
Dear God, 
      I have faithfully attended church on most Sundays of the year except for vacations, most holiday weekends and when I'm tired (I DO show up on Christmas and Easter, though). I give money, I go to coffee hour.  That's about all I have time for in a busy week. I know there are other things going on in the building at different times - I see all the posters for a study of this or that, a prayer service of some kind or another - but I never bother with all that, it's for holier people than me anyway. At least you know I'm trying, more or less, to do my duty as a Christian. So, when You have a moment, I think I'd like to be a Mercedes, or maybe a Lexus, hmmm, no how about a Jaguar, no wait...a Maserati, YES! - I've always wanted to learn to speak Italian.   amen.



*Garrison Keillor is an American author, humorist, storyteller, and radio host of Minnesota Public Radio's "A Prairie Home Companion." A commentator on life through his Lake Wobegon stories and other novels and writing, he is well known for his sharp wit disguised in a quiet unassuming manner.




Please feel free to request a prayer or meditation to be composed for a particular person, concern, or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment