A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Meditation Moments: Tacking or Jibing?

photo by Christina Brennan Lee
at Broad Bay, NZ




She stood in the storm 
and when the wind 
did not blow her way, 
she adjusted her sails.
                            Elizabeth Edwards* [1949-2010]





          It's so easy and comfortably trite to say "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." It's a kindly thought and there's a limited amount of folksy wisdom in it. But, Lord of the Wind and Sea of Life, sometimes life hands out orchards of difficulty, grief, and anguish. Yet even in the midst of all of that there are happy moments, satisfying times, there is ordinary. 
          It's no use comparing my stuff with anyone else's, mine is always more important to me even though I recognize and empathize with the trials and tragedies of others. And I'm certain that I'm entitled to my fair share of wails, whines, and whimpers, for a time. But when it is time to move forward, please do not let me stall, becalmed by procrastination or inertia. Point me in the right direction, Lord, the one that leads to You; and, if I cannot sail through my life without stormy seas or the occasional eddy throwing me off course, help me then to adjust my sails for the right wind to carry me through.  amen. 


*Elizabeth Edwards, an American Attorney, Health Care Activist, and best-selling author was married to John Edwards, a US Senator with unsuccessful campaigns for US Vice-President and later President. Ms. Edwards dealt well publicly with her husband's rise to prominence and notoriety after a much publicized affair that resulted in an illegitimate child at the time Elizabeth was also coping with breast cancer that ultimately ended her life.





Please feel free to request a prayer or meditation to be composed for a particular person, concern, or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. If you would like the weekly Prayers of the People prior to its appearance on the blog, please send me an email. Personal prayer requestors will remain anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment