A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Meditation Moment in Lent ~ Day 19, Give Up, Take On, Pray



      Few of us can claim personal experience with unconditional love either received or given. Perhaps a moment with a child, even a pet, but such a rarefied occasion is fleeting and fragile. Yet there are those times when even the strongest of us needs the all-encompassing embrace of one who requires nothing in return, has no expectations, and wants only to care for and comfort, nurture and love us.  Whisper in your heart to the One and know.

O Great Nurturer, Comforter, and Soother,     
    Some days I want too much from others while I think that they want too much from me. Although I'm often certain that, "of course" I try to meet the expectations they have, I more easily fall into an ego trap of but what about me? For today I will give up pouting about (seemingly) being ignored. I will take on a fresh breath and a deep dive into Your call to love my neighbors as myself, and I will pray to remember that You are always within me and knowing if I stop, breathe, and know You are here, You grant me continuing rebirth in faith, reassurance of Your love, and refreshment in my soul. amen.


   Julian of Norwich, 1342-ca 1416, was an English Anchoress which was, in her day, a hermit who lived in, and was sometimes permanently enclosed in, a small cell attached to a wall of the church whose life consisted of daily devotions, prayer, devotional reading, and writing. She is considered to be one of the most important mystics in all of Christianity. Her manuscript of Revelations of Divine Love ~ also known as the Short Text ~ is thought to be the oldest surviving book written in English by a woman.  She is probably best known for her words that with God, "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."




All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution and edited for local use as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. For more information or comments, contact:
Leeosophy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment