A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Meditation in Eastertide ~ Tuesday, Week 6 '24: THE Journey

May 7, 2024 ~ Week 6



It's good to have an end to journey toward; 
but it's the journey that matters in the end.

 ~ Ernest Hemingway*        

 
Dear Master Travel Agent ~
     As You know, I've come a good distance on this journey and sometimes I don't know how I've gotten this far let alone figured out where I'm headed. I do know that I'm ultimately headed in Your direction and, that it is how I get there matters, it's just that there have been so many twists and turns and amazing ups and significant downs along the road so far I often feel directionally challenged. Am I headed down or up the right road? Will effort, spelling, and punctuation count toward my final grade (please, though, not neatness)? 
     In the meantime, I'm just here to ask for the usual traveler stuff ~ please continue as my Guide and Companion along the Way and help me to recognize You wherever I go in those I know and those I meet along the way. While Google Maps won't help, I look forward to little hints from You here and there that I'm on the right track. Thanks for letting me get this far and, if it's not too much of a bother, I'd like to go on for quite a while yet, whatever the bumps and bites and storms but especially the love and glee and joy that are yet to come. amen. 

 

*Ernest Hemingway, [1899-1961] American journalist and author, was the 5th American winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1954, for his mastery of the art of the narrative [particularly] in The Old Man and the Sea. His books and stories are considered classics in American literature. Multiple marriages and a colorful life led Hemingway down many roads in his fairly short but completely filled journey that ended by suicide in 1961, yet left a legacy of writing that will never die.

























All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution and edited for local use as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. For more information or comments, contact: Leeosophy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment