A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Prayer for a New Week

 
 
Dear God,
 
       The week is beginning and there's so much to do.  How do I find me in the midst of what everyone else wants, demands, requires.  I know I should make You the focus of my life.  Drop everything, follow, and all that, but I don't really know how to do that.  I keep hearing that if I were a better Christian I would work in a shelter, volunteer as a driver, give more money to the church and the charities and the panhandlers and the social justice centers, speak up on behalf of all the brutality and injustice in the world, spend more time at the church, read the Bible everyday, pray, pray, pray... I'm tired just thinking about it all. SO, for now, here's my prayer:  Thank you, I know You're there, I will give my time, talent, and treasure as I am able if only in taking care of myself and those that need me, and mostly, I will try to remember to say hello to You every day and thank You for being with me.  Maybe, with Your help, I will find ways to do more.
 
With love from, Me  
 
 
 
 
 
 

.
Please feel free to request a prayer to be composed for a particular concern or topic for posting in this space. You may leave your request in the comments section or contact me directly at Leeosophy@gmail.com  All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way.  Requestors will remain anonymous.

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment