A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Prayer to Find and Renew My Faith

  
   O You of the Great Beyond, are You really "up there" or "down here" or both?   I know people who have no doubt in Your presence, in Your whereabouts, in Your intervention and grace.  What's wrong with me

     I used to know with certainty that You were in charge of the Universe.  All According to Your Will. And then -  right after that day - I had a question.  My question led to wonder.  My wonder led to doubt.  I haven't always been the best person I could be - does that make my Grace Account smaller?  I wandered away.  And now, I miss having You in my life.  I go through the motions but I miss knowing You, even feeling that I'm part of Your Creation.  But recently I became aware that I am certain of one thing, I want to find my way back.  I know I won't get all the answers, and there is much I won't understand.  But I know I will have something more in my life if I can get back to You. 

      Please, help me, Great One, I want to find and renew my faith in You.  How do I begin?  Let me try by borrowing from another and ask:  Please lift my spirit to Your presence where I can be still and know that You are my God, with Your Son our Savior Jesus Christ and with Your Spirit Who will lift my veil of doubt.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment