A moment of contemplation for yourself or on behalf of others on everything from the life-altering to the mundane.


Prayer: A conversation with The Higher Other who lives within each of us. An invitation to vent, to re-think, to ask, and to rest.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Meditation in Lent ~ Holy Week Tuesday: One. Single. Grain. '24

March 26, 2024 ~ Tuesday in Holy Week


The Gospel of John 12:20-36

        On this Tuesday, disciples Philip and Andrew told Jesus some visiting Greeks wanted to see him and he replied cryptically, The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified...unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit... [John 20:24-26] 
       When he met with the Greeks he told them, "Now my soul is troubled. And what should I say, 'Father, save me from this hour?' No, it is for this reason that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." When the voice came some of the people only heard thunder while others thought it was an angel speaking to Jesus. Jesus told them that the voice was for them to hear, not him.  
       Some questioned Jesus about who he was and what he was all about. He told them the light would be around a little bit longer and to walk in the light because if you walk in the darkness, you do not know where you are going. If you believe in the light, he told them, "you may become children of the light." And with that, he went off and hid.

 

Dear Jesus, our Prophet and our Lord
         What must your words sound like to those who haven't read The Book or just don't know how things turn out? Sometimes I'm confused by those words and I have read them many times. On this Tuesday in Your lifetime, You told everyone what was happening in what seems like very plain words yet the message is not quite plain enough for us to grasp well. You were talking to God and the people around you were confused. Help us understand. 
        On this Tuesday in my lifetime it is a day like any other ~ laundry, meal planning, bill paying, list making ~ and Your list was clear enough in one sense: walk in the light ~ Your Light ~ and our believing will lead us to be Your children of Your light. It all sounds so easy and yet so hard at the same time. 
        Help me to give up being one of the grumblers with the thundering rumblings of the naysayers and the woe-begones around me. Open my heart, my head, and especially my soul to take on searching for and listening to hear the voice of God [particularly when I’m driving and everytime my head starts judging others]. Give me the courage to take on staying with Your light and not wandering off into the darkness of a life with no faith-filled purpose beyond chocolate bunnies, paper plates, and jellybeans. After the conversation on that Tuesday in Your time, You hid away...as I should do more often to spend time with You and think about how to live my life as a single grain of wheat, that grows in faith and purpose, and one day fills another field with its fruit. amen.

 









All compositions remain the property of the owner of this blog but may be used with attribution and edited for local use as long as they are not sold or charged for in any way. For more information or comments, contact:
Leeosophy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment